Public Association “Community of Pulse Producers and Customers of Ukraine” invites on the Annual Specialized International Conference “THE FUTURE OF PULSES” which will take place on November 29, 2019 in the city of Kyiv, Ukraine.
The Hotel “Premier Palace” will become the venue.
The Conference will take place with support of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine and the Global Pulse Confederation.
Traditionally, Ukraine is staying the leading player on the global stage, namely:
WE ARE - №1 in sunflower oil
WE ARE - №2 in rape plant
WE ARE - № 3 in nuts
WE ARE -№ 5 in pea and wheat
WE ARE -№ 6 in soy
WE ARE - № 7 in meat and rape oil among world exporters.
Starting with 2016, Ukraine has been ramping up the pea production annually, and just the last two seasons show the reduction of cultivated areas by 10-12%.
Taking into account the geographical position of Ukraine, outlets to territorial waters of both seas (the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov) and the peculiarities of logistics, traditionally the major importers of Ukrainian pulses are such countries as India, Turkey, Pakistan and EU countries.
Separately, among importers one should mark out China, which will become the purchaser of the Ukrainian pea soon. Therefore, the new opportunities for ramping up the pea production in subsequent years are opening up for Ukraine.
Within the framework of the Conference, the following topics will be discussed:
- Global tendencies of the pulse market: what affects the growth and sale (economical, climatic, geopolitical factors);
- Current state and prognoses of the development of the global pulse market;
- New sales outlets for Ukrainian pulse crops outside Ukraine;
- Key consumers of pulse crops: countries, directions, opportunities;
- Analysis of the situation in the area of growth and production, processing, especially for vegetable proteins which are gaining a bigger popularity in the developed countries of the world (Canada, the USA), as well as packaging and logistics of pulse crops in Ukraine;
- Master classes and interesting information for farmers, which will promote the cultivation of good and qualitative harvests and acquiring of knowledge on new sales markets of Ukraine and outside its territory.
Target audience: producers, traders, farmers, trade companies, scientists, representatives of international organizations and state institutions, logistics companies, insurance companies, banks, seed companies.
Expected quantity of participants: 300 + delegates from the countries of the Black Sea Region, the European Union, the countries of the Middle East and Africa.
Language of the Conference: Ukrainian, English.